Building Permits & Inspections
So you want to start a project that may require a permit? You have come to the right place!
Below are two types of applications; one is for larger and more complex projects where as the other is for single projects. If you are planning on completing the work yourself, please fill out the self-waiver form in addition to the correct application.
All applications require a $100 deposit. Once your project is complete you will need to call Construction Management Services (CMS) to schedule a final inspection. Your project and inspection need to be completed within 1 year of your permit issued date to get your deposit back. After CMS inspects your project, they will notify City Hall and we will refund your $100.
(add $100 for the deposit, if you are conducting more than one of the following, only one deposit will be required):
|Furnace/Air Conditioner, Water Heater, Boiler, Gas/Wood Fireplace, Gas Line||$45|
|Above Ground Pool (Over 5,000 gallons and deeper than 24')|
Window/Door Replacement with no frame change
Larger valued projects will need to be reviewed before we can set the fee. We will require the deposit up front but will notify you of the fee within 2 weeks of your application submission. If you are conducting a valued project, we require 2 sets of plans including a site map. This aerial map needs to show the distance from your project to each property line.
- Fill out application
- Complete Self-Waiver if doing the work yourself
- Pay deposit and fees (We take check or cash so you will need to mail or drop off application & payment)
- Submit 2 sets of plans if completing a valued project
Please mail your permit application and payment to City Hall or drop them off.
City of Dodge Center
PO Box 430
Dodge Center, MN 55927
(Here is a document that lists work exempt from a permits (PDF).) All projects must still meet other city code requirements. If you have questions or want clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact City Hall.
Construction Management Services
The City of Dodge Center contracts building inspections to Construction Management Services.
- Construction Management Services
1700 N Broadway
Rochester, MN 55906
- Telephone: 507-282-8206
- Fax: 507-281-0391
- Building Official: Jay Kruger
- Accessory buildings, carports, garages, sheds, etc.
- Additions to existing buildings / structures
- Air conditioning
- Demolition work
- Electrical Work
- Fences (depending on height)
- Heating units
- Garage Doors
- Manufactured homes
- Mechanical Work
- Modular homes
- Moved-in buildings / structures
- New Construction main buildings / structures, or accessory buildings / structures
- Plumbing work
- Remodeling Repair work
- Swimming Pools
- Temporary buildings / structures
- Water heaters
- Water softeners
- Windows @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>